Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Almost as Much Fun

While I was gone this morning (and before it began raining) John dug up what was left of the forsythia plant that grew in the patch of green circled by our driveway. I appreciated his work because it is no fun whacking at something with multiple trunks, then struggling to get it out of the dirt.. Because I recently planted a clump of beach grass that will take over an 8x8 area, I have to move a three foot high euonymous plant that is now too close to the newcomer. So... I put on my green gardening shoes and swung that wonderful doubled edged tool with a splayed pick on one end and a hatchet on the other. I have no idea what it's called, but it's perfectly balanced and the weight of the splayed end makes it effective and easy to use. I love swinging it, and found my time digging in the dirt to be almost as enjoyable as riding a wave. Almost. Tomorrow, if the weather cooperates, I will dig up the enonymous and move it to its' new home.

2 comments:

Josh & Teddie said...

is it a pickax?

LaLee said...

No. A pickax has a pick and this does not.