Thursday, March 6, 2008

First Day in Greece

After a grueling trip of 17 plus hours, I arrived, exhausted. The flying itself was not bad, but the transfers at JFK and Heathrow, were stressful. In both airports I had to exit a terminal, cross streets, ride trains and moving walkways, and reenter a new terminal. Then I had to go thru security all over again. Of course there were hurried trips to bathrooms on the way.. At Heathrow I noticed a boarding pass on the bathroom floor and picked it up. It was mine!! Lucky I found it. The ACG sent a cab (a new yellow Mercedes-Benz) with Ted. I crashed then woke up at 6:00pm. Even tho my body thought it was 11:00am it was dinner time. At 6:30 we had a power outage which lasted till 8:00. The disgruntled local utility workers are negotiating a new contract. They show their displeasure by cutting off electricity! The night before the outage lasted 3 hours. By the time we did eat and clean up it was 10pm. (I thought it was 3 pm) I went to bed and woke up this morning (Friday) at 3:00 am. My timeclock is off, but it will correct itself... Weather is cloudy but grass is green. Life is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mambo!

Glad you made it to Greece safely. Bet big Theo is happy to have you! Don't forget to send me a postcard...or I will be mad at you! Have a fun time.

Kristin
(and by the way, I think Chet and I should be listed as favorites too...what would you do without us?!?)

Anonymous said...

LAURIE, I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO LOOK EACH DAY FOR WORD OF YOUR ADVENTURES. KEEP THEM COMING. LOVE JANE ...PS I WANT TO BE A FAVORTIE TOO.