Saturday, June 13, 2009

Unpacked

Almost finished unpacking. The turkish kilims are both on the floor in the living room and they're gorgeous. I promise I will take a picture. I'm still waking up at 4 am and am unable to go back to sleep, then about 2 I'm ready for a nap, but so far that hasn't been succesful either. Checkbook is balanced again, bills are paid, the car is filled with gas , I pulled a few more weeds and I've gone swimming twice. My biggest adjustment to American life was when I went to the grocery store. I had forgotten how giant some supermarkets are. I prefer fewer choices and a smaller store, but I do like the fact that I can drive the groceries home instead of lugging them up Ionnanis. In a few minutes I'm going to pick up John (after he does 4 hours worth of work for Judith) and he's going to cut the grass. He has to do it today because it's supposed to rain again tomorrow. Living on his own has definitley brought about some good changes.

No comments: