Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I Passed

Today, after studying some 8th grade math, I went to PA School District to take the Basic Skills Test that I was told I had to take to sub as an "instructional assistant." A man in an inner office hear me telling the secretary why I was there and he came out to talk. To make a long story short... I did not have to take the Basic Skills Test since I had taken the Praxis Test in 1994 and a test to teach middle school in Georgia earlier. YEAH... finally something in this convoluted application process made sense. "Can I sub now?" I asked. "No, not just yet. We're still waiting for your name check with the FBI." "How long does that take?" I asked. "anywhere from a few days to a few weeks." I am not discouraged with any of it now, as I finally see a glimmer of light in the distance. This was definitly the easiest test I've ever passed!!

No comments: