Sunday, February 15, 2009

Update

It's been a week. I know I've slipped a bit... but I subbed everyday last week at local middle school and had to be there at 7:20 am. The days flew by and I loved the work. Co-workers were the best and atmosphere was pleasant. I was pooped out by 4:00 pm and in bed asleep at 8:30. I did finish reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy. It was disturbing, intriguing, and dismal. I enjoyed it in a morbid way, but I neglected other things to finish it. Yes, I would recommend it, because the writing was so bizarre. Only went swimming once. Celebrated the big one last Saturday night. That was fun. Snow is melted and green is finally visible once again. I'm sure there will be more white, but for now my half inch daffodil shoots have hoodwinked me into believing that spring is two weeks away. Still missing my invisible husband. Leaving Friday with Teddie and Theo for CA and tropical points beyond.

2 comments:

Waterspout said...

Glad to hear you are getting away to another paradice. Speaking about books, may I recomend to all of you a book that Thing One (daughter one or Jesse) send me. It is by a Cal physics professor, Richard A. Muller, Physics for Future Presidents, The Science Behind the Headlines. I recommend it to all, especially those who believe that man has a major role in Global Warming (PC Climate change - had to be changed after the real cycle of ice age & warming became documented). While agreeing with the fact that man has some influence on creating changes in world conditions and can make some impact (most quickly with conservation & not the kind we normally think of) on slowing the process, I came away with the impression that man needs to learn how to live with the reality that the world is changing, not just climate and we need to learn how to adjust our ways of life to accomodate those changes without injuring our convictions.

Boy this is too long a discourse/review for The Old Man, but I hope you all read the book and give some feed back. It was excellent even if it came from a representative of such an inferrior school. Maybe he will consider transfering to Stanford where men of this calibere belong.

Best to all of you .

The Old Man and Laurie's LLL

Eva's Mom said...

long lost lover?