Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Except for Lost Cell Phone

Except for my lost cell phone, which was left in Teddie's car, my trip was uneventful. I discovered it missing about ten minutes after she dropped me curbside. Slightly paniced, I explained to an older business like man what had happened and asked if I could borrow his cell phone to try and catch her. "No," he said very simply. I was shocked and walked away vowing to never turn anyone down under the same circumstances. The next person I asked was a middle aged woman, short, a bit squat and dressed like myself. She was more than happy to let me call... What a difference. No one ever answered the call so I left a message on John's phone and he did exactly what I asked and then some. Thanks for your help, John. Stopover was in Phoenix, a city I had never flown into. Looked like a golfer's paradise from the air. Mike met me at SFO within 5 minutes of my stepping outside. All quiet on the Western Front.

2 comments:

Deb Kaz said...

Phoenix is a golfer's paradise! Very observant of you. Glad you arrived safely - enjoy your wonderful family.

Eva's Mom said...

Well, I guess I won't give you a call right now then.