Monday, February 18, 2008

15 Minute Mock Eggplant Parmesan

Eggplant is on sale this week at Belmonts. 99 cents/pound. I was in a hurry and improvised... This tasted like it came from the Italian Village.

Saute 1 clove of minced garlic in 3 Tbs. of olive oil. Add one medium diced and peeled eggplant. Cook 6-7 minutes more. Dump in at least 3/4 jar of your favorite marinara sauce. Heat. Then add 1/3 block chopped tofu and a handful of baby spinach or arugula . Serve over toast. Could be topped with mozzarella cheese if you aren't on lipitor!! The amounts for any ingredient can be adjusted any way you like. Maybe I should rename this "Laurie's Flexible Eggplant Parmesan."

1 comment:

Dad said...

Laurie
I attempted to send a message, but it disappeared when I tried to send it. Maybe this will work. Let me know. What I wanted to tell you was that the receipe sounded great, that is if you like eggplant. I know a couple of people who do.
Dad