Thursday, January 14, 2010

Two New Classes

Today was my first Dayan Qi Gong class at the local senior center. (It was cheaper than at the local recreation dept.) The teacher was great, explaining and demonstrating everything. Qi Gong is similar to Tai Chi, but there are some differences, too. Half way thru the hour and a half class we had a 15 minute break. The teacher served tea during this time. I declined the tea, but a classmate had brought a cake that looked like pound cake to share. I accepted half a piece and thought it was quite tasty. "This is so moist," another classmate commented. The woman who brought the cake said, That's because it's soaked in vodka." It was a very moist cake!!
I also went with my dad today to a one hour class on how to walk and build muscle tone for older folks. I stayed to observe and was very impressed with the enthusiasm of the instructor and with the basic information he passed along that was so valuable. Most of all, I loved seeing my dad laugh and have some FUN!!!

2 comments:

Waterspout said...

Good for you. I love you and enjoy seeing you have a good time.

I'll bet the class members all had a great time after the tea & cake break.

L.L.L.

Josh & Teddie said...

LOL, so how was the rest of the Qi Gong class after everyone had some vodka in them? A little looser, I'd imagine?